The full drum sheet music for Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash from the album Combat Rock (1982).
Description & Sample
“Should I Stay or Should I Go” became The Clash’s first-and-only number-one single on the UK Singles Chart a decade after its release in 1982.
Enjoy a free sample excerpt of the sheet music below:
The song is based on a 12-bar blues form and uses a simple rock beat throughout the verses. The choruses feature a swinging double-time feel, as well as a distinctive tom-based groove, which has been broken down into four simple steps (below) to assist with learning the pattern.
Steps to learning the tom based groove featured in the choruses:
- Right hand plays the toms, left hand plays the snare.
- Add a ghost note on beat 2.
- Bass drum rhythm with snare.
- Full pattern.
- Optionally, add the hi-hat w/foot on the quarter-notes like Topper Headon does.
Sheet Music Details
- Instant Download
- Printable PDF File
- Included: Drum Notation Key